Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Wanna feel old? READ THIS.


The people who are starting college this fall across the nation were born in 1987.

  • They are too young to remember the space shuttle blowing up.
  • Their lifetime has always included AIDS.
  • Bottle caps have always been screw off and plastic.
  • The CD was introduced the year they were born.
  • They have always had an answering machine.
  • They have always had cable.
  • They cannot fathom not having a remote control.
  • Jay Leno has always been on the Tonight Show.
  • Popcorn has always been cooked in the microwave.
  • They don't know who Mork was or where he was from.
  • They never heard: "Where's the Beef?", "I'd walk a mile for a Camel", or "de plane, Boss, de plane."
  • They do not care who shot J. R. and have no idea who J. R. even is.
  • McDonald's never came in Styrofoam containers.
  • They don't have a clue how to use a typewriter.

Do you feel old yet?




5 comments:

Girl in the 206 said...

AHHHHHHHHH!!!! That is very frightening!! Especially the Jay Leno bit.

The Dren said...

The CD was actually introuded in 1984 in Japan, 1985 in the USA. I got my first CD player for Christmas in 1985.

I'm that damn old.

2hot4u said...

I remember when I gave the lunchlady a dime for my milk at school. How much is it now, half a buck?

joen05 said...

I used a typewriter to write a report in the fourth grade. It was awesome, and 2 pages long. It took me two days to type it.

Mo said...

I especially feel old considering my oldest was born in 1987!